Thursday, May 23, 2013

In under 24 hours

So, how many stupid and potentially highly dangerous decisions can a girl make in under twenty-four hours? Two apparently. What could I have done that would be that bad? We'll start with the first decision, the dangerous one. However before I tell you what it was, let me tell you the prelude story to this decision. About a week ago was my little sisters 18th birthday and she is on this kick lately about doing all these things in preparation for her 'new' life as an adult. She hasn't quite realized that growing up can be quite bothersome, with all of it's new responsibilities and such. This isn't necessarily a problem for me, because I get to experience a bunch of new things Madisen considers to be 'rites of passage'. These rites of passage have been harmless and entertaining. Up till now.

Who in their right mind ever thought shooting a cylinder of metal through one's body, was fun and beautiful should be taken out and placed in front of the firing squad. I don't care that women and different cultures have been doing this for eons. Just because it is tradition doesn't make it any less painful. And for those of you who say, "It's a fashion statement! It's how I choose to express myself!" doesn't mean you should do it! There was a new fashion trend in Japan that I like to refer to as the doughnut forehead.

I repeat, just because something is trendy does not mean you should do it. And just as cringe worthy as this is, so is ear piercing. Yes, I have finally done it and got my ears pierced. But guys seriously though, they use an 'ear piercing gun' to put a metal rod through your ear! Who thinks, 'Hmm, this sounds like fun- we should try it' ? My little sister. That's who. We were walking through Wall-Mart and Madisen decides it that right then is the perfect time to get our ears pierced. So there I was, after watching my younger sister get her ears pierced, holding her hand with one of my hands and my nephew Triston's hand with my other hand. Three, two, one...

I felt the metal go through my ear. Not pleasant! Then trying to sleep with these stupid blasted earing in my ears was like trying to sleep with curlers in your hair. It's uncomfortable and you never quite fall asleep. Sleeping on my side like usual, definitely did not happen last night... grumble, mumble, mumble. Needless to say, I hate earrings right now. I will let you all know if that ever changes.

Then less than twenty-four hours later, I commit another act; partially out of curiosity, partially determination to push my comfort zone and partially excited rashness. Which if you don't know, I have a tendency to do most things rashly, on impulse, only to question myself later. Well, later has come and I am now wondering what in the world I was thinking. I signed up for a flight lesson on the twenty-seventh. Where I will spend most of the day learning about piloting stuff, I suppose, and then conclude the adventure by co-piloting the plane with an experienced pilot.

Now at first I was like- right on! That sounds so cool! My Grandpa Pearce was a pilot and Dad flew his plane, maybe it's in my blood too. That would be so awesome to learn how to fly a plane! Thus I dished out the money and signed up. Only now am I remembering my great fear of heights and falling/crashing to my death. I do not want to go down in a blaze of glory. Besides later that day, I have to be at my best friend Sarah's wedding reception. And for the maid of Honor not to show up to her besties wedding because she died earlier that day learning how to fly a plane is just tacky. I mean, who would want to take the focus away from the bride on her big day?

3 comments:

  1. The only way to move past your fears is to face them. If you can keep calm and enjoy your self, it will "be so awesome to learn how to fly a plane!" I promise! As for the earrings, take some ibuprofen or Aleve, and maybe ice them before going to bed. Also, remember to clean and rotate them everyday until they're healed. You don't want them to get infected! Later you will be glad you did it, and you can wear pretty earrings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why am I posting as "Unknown", I am signed into my google account? The above comment is from me, Shauna. Just so you know :-)
    P.S. I figured it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHAT!!! You did not tell me about this flying thing. That's it, you're grounded!

    ReplyDelete